Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long time no see!




So, I have not updated this blog in quite sometime, however I am back!!! Haven't taken a brake from running but have been discouraged. To make up for my sick Retina Race I decided to do the Forest City Road Race Half Marathon. Although this was a better run, I only came out 4 mins. faster than Retina. The course was harder, the hills seemed to be steeper and I made the classic mistake of going out to fast! Even though 2:34 was a race PB it wasn't even close to the 2:26 that I ran when we ran the Retina Route 3 weeks before the race!
So what is the deal? Why are races turning out to not be that great? I am never really nervous, I mean I know I am not going to win so I may have a couple of butterflies before the race but nothing crazy. Maybe I am not excited enough. I don't know.
Even though it wasn't the time goal I wanted it was awesome to see so many people cheer me on. I really appreciated the support and just when I thought I couldn't go anymore there was a friendly, familiar face telling me I could.
So, it's been 14 months and I have 3 half marathons under my belt. Am I a runner yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment