Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Survived Post Vacation Run

Well, it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't as ugly as I thought it was going to be. Getting back at 5am and not sleeping that well combined with being in vacation mode did nothing to help getting back into running. But at the same time let's be realistic it was only 5 days not 5 months. I think I need to give my self a break, easier to say now I have completed the first run post vacation.
Today's run. following clinic night on heart rate monitoring, was a simple 6k. I felt really great the first 10 mins then began to fatigue but I made it. Glad it's over.
I think running is taking up so much of my time. I mean don't get me wrong I really enjoy it and really love the friendships I have gained. My husband thought I was so silly for going on and on about missing the 16k LSD on Sunday. And it's true my family has had to sacrifice while I make running my top priority. I have been told it will be worth it... fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. It is worth it!!! You did great tonight...It was pretty humid still and always hard to run after sitting for 30mins...Running does take up a lot of time however as the weeks get on it will get easier...Congratulations on a great 6km!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia, I have just figured out that there are comments on my blog! Haha, all from you of course. I want to know how to add my daily mile thing to my blog... I am not very literate!

    ReplyDelete