Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye 2010... Hello 2011!

As the new year approaches it is a time to reflect on the passing year and look forward to hopes and expectations for the upcoming year.

I am really happy with the progress I have made in 2010. My times have come down considerably and the high light would have to be running the Scotia Bank Full Marathon. But running has also given me great friendships. I can't imagine my life without my running girls, our friendship started with running and blossomed into much more. I feel blessed and fortunate to have them in my life.

As I look forward to 2011 I have decided that I need to have goals. I won't do as many races this year but definitely want my times to come down. I have successfully given up the headphones when running with others and I believe this has made me train a little faster and a little harder. Besides was missing out on all of great conversations.

So here it is...

My Goals for 2011:

  • I want to run a total of 1000km in the year

  • I want to run a 2:14 Half Marathon

  • I want to run a 5:25 Full Marathon

  • I want to run a 1:00 or less 10k

  • I want to run a 0:30 or less 5k

I plan on doing some cross training this year and really getting fit. My cross training will include Body Pump for strengthening and cycling in a spin class for cross training cardio. I also plan to continue to run 3-5 times per week. And of course like millions around the world I resolve to eat better this year!

So here we go, bring on 2011!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment